[linux-usb] CPiA results on 2.3.15

Dunlap, Randy randy.dunlap@intel.com
Mon, 30 Aug 1999 08:34:22 -0700

Hi-

No surprises here.

I'm guessing that your video app. tries to open
/dev/video 5 times and then gives up.
Which video app. are you using, BTW?

I'm pretty sure that I shouldn't be using kmalloc()
for such a large amount of memory.  I'll look into
this and make a patch.

Actually there are 2 problems here.
The other one is that cpia.h uses #define
values that are too large: 2 sets of USB packet
buffers of (500 frames * 960 bytes/frame) = 480000.
This is for 2 sets of 1/2-second each packet
buffers.  They don't need to be 1/2-second each,
and as Johannes pointed out, the 960 shouldn't
be hard-coded.

I'll modify cpia_open() to use __get_free_pages()
instead, unless someone lets me know that that's
the wrong solution here.

BTW, the USB Isochronous code is all new code and
the CPiA driver is currently being modified to
work with the new Isoc. code.
Thanks for helping us out with it.

~Randy