[cpia] usb errors using cpia/gqcam

Peter Pregler Peter_Pregler@email.com
Wed, 22 Nov 2000 11:24:43 +0100

Hi,

thanx for the info, something to rule out in my debugging. I have got
a second USB-cam now and tried it out with the latest 2.2.18pre. It
does work if in the USB-tree the cameras are on different usb-buses
(0x0553/0x0002 is the camera):

root@gretel:~# lsusb -t
Bus#  2
`-Dev#   1 Vendor 0x0000 Product 0x0000
  `-Dev#   2 Vendor 0x058f Product 0x9254
    `-Dev#   3 Vendor 0x0553 Product 0x0002
Bus#  1
`-Dev#   1 Vendor 0x0000 Product 0x0000
  `-Dev#   2 Vendor 0x0553 Product 0x0002

But is does not work with the cameras on the same buses. The open of
the second camera fails.

root@gretel:~# lsusb -t
Bus#  2
`-Dev#   1 Vendor 0x0000 Product 0x0000
  `-Dev#   2 Vendor 0x058f Product 0x9254
    |-Dev#   3 Vendor 0x0553 Product 0x0002
    `-Dev#   4 Vendor 0x0553 Product 0x0002
Bus#  1
`-Dev#   1 Vendor 0x0000 Product 0x0000

I have yet to check what is really going on. Do you have any idea?
How different it the usb-core code in 2.2.18pre and 2.4? Which of the
usb-uhci drivers is to prefer to see if the problem is cpia or
usb-core related?

Greetings, Peter