[cpia] IntelPlay QX3 problems

Nick Holloway Nick.Holloway@pyrites.org.uk
17 Nov 2001 13:03:15 -0000

hart@physics.arizona.edu (Sam Hart) writes:
> It looks like from the code the app is just writing data to
> /proc/cpia/video0 , but when I try to do the same from the command prompt,
> I get no change in any of the states for the QX3.

The kernel version of the cpia code has had the /proc code disabled,
as it was possible to construct badly formed writes which would cause
overwrites.  Have a look for the "#if 0" in cpia_write_proc in cpia.c.

The CVS on SourceForge has rewritten the cpia_write_proc to prevent this
problem, but this hasn't been fed back into the official kernel yet.
It isn't available as a download either.

To get my fully functioning cpia driver in a 2.4 kernel, I took my fresh
2.4.13 kernel, replaced the cpia*.[ch] files from the sourceforge CVS,
replaced "spinlock_init" with "spin_lock_init" in cpia_pp.c (typo?),
and it now works.

--
 `O O'  | Nick.Holloway@pyrites.org.uk
// ^ \\ | http://www.pyrites.org.uk/