[Acpc-l] CFP: EuroPar Parallel Multimedia

Andreas Uhl uhl@cosy.sbg.ac.at
Tue, 21 Dec 1999 20:01:30 +0100

 ****** CALL FOR PAPERS: EuroPar Topic 17: MULTIMEDIA ************

 Topic 17: Architectures and Algorithms for Multimedia Applications
 ---------

 Topic Committee :
 -----------------

          Global chair : Andreas Uhl, Salzburg Univ. (Austria)
	  Vice-chair   : Pieter Jonker, Delft Univ. (Netherlands)
          Vice-chair   : Heiko Schroeder, Nanyang Technological Univ. (Singapore)
          Local chair  : Manfred Schimmler, Braunschweig Univ. (Germany)

 Description :
 -------------

In the recent years multimedia technology has emerged as a key technology,
mainly because of its ability to represent information in disparate forms
as a bit-stream. This enables everything from text to video and sound to
be stored, processed, and delivered in digital form. A great part of the
current research community effort has emphasized the delivery of the data
as an important issue of multimedia technology. However, the creation,
processing, and management of multimedia forms are the issues most likely
to dominate the scientific interest in the long run. The aim to deal with
information coming from video, text, and sound will result in a data
explosion. This requirement to store, process, and manage large data sets
naturally leads to the consideration of programmable parallel processing
systems as strong candidates in supporting and enabling multimedia technology.
Therefore, this fact taken together with the inherent data parallelism in
these data types makes multimedia computing a natural application area for
parallel processing.

 Papers are solicited in fields
 including the following:

 - Parallel architectures for multimedia
 - Parallel multimedia computing servers
 - Mapping multimedia applications to parallel architectures
 - System interfaces and programming tools to support multimedia
   applications on parallel processing systems
 - Multimedia content creation, processing, and management using
   parallel architectures
 - Parallel processing architectures of multimedia set-top boxes
 - Multimedia agent technology and parallel processing
 - `Proof of concept' implementations and case studies

 Topics of interest include :
 ----------------------------

    parallel architectures and algorithms
    dynamically reconfigurable architectures
    parallel DSP systems
    application specific parallel architectures
    languages, software environments and programming tools for
         multimedia applications
    low power and other issues for mobile multimedia
    convergence of graphics and video hardware
    compilers for multimedia processors

 Euro-Par conference series :
 ----------------------------

 Euro-Par is the annual European conference on parallel computing. It
 is dedicated to the promotion and advancement of all aspects of parallel
 computing.

 Euro-Par 2000 is  organized as a day  of tutorials, two half-day plenary
 sessions, and a number of parallel sessions.

 Paper submission :
 ------------------

 Authors are requested to use the electronic form on the web site
 to submit their paper to the topic they judge most appropriate.

 Official  Address and Organization:
 -----------------------------------

 For any questions related to Euro-Par 2000 please refer to our
 web site:
              http://www.in.tum.de/europar2k/
 or e-mail to:
              europar2k@in.tum.de

 The key dates are:

          - January 31st 2000 : Final Date for Submissions
          - May 1st 2000      : Acceptances Notified
          - June 1st 2000     : Final Copy and Author Registration due
          - June 30th 2000    : Early Registration Deadline
          - August 1st 2000   : Late Registration Deadline

--
|     Andreas Uhl     |         University Salzburg           |
| ++43 662 8044 5308  | Research Inst. for Softwaretechnology |