[Acpc-l] The Naval Postgraduate School - Dean of The Graduate School of Operations and Information Sciences

nfobahn@attglobal.net nfobahn@attglobal.net
Sun, 22 Jul 2001 20:57:48 -0700

The Naval Postgraduate School
Dean of The Graduate School of Operations and Information Sciences

The Naval Postgraduate School (NPS) invites nominations and applications for
the position of Dean of the newly created Graduate School of Operations and
Information Sciences. The successful candidate must be capable of providing
leadership in all aspects of the Schoolıs activities: academic,
administrative and developmental. We are seeking an individual with strong
entrepreneurial qualities who can develop the School while supporting the
priorities of the NPS. The Dean will be a person of vision who can lead the
Graduate School in offering new academic programs, enhance its teaching,
research, and service programs, possesses the ability to administer a
complex organization within a Department of Defense environment, and has a
collaborative management style. This is a senior level Excepted Service
position, with full government benefits.

The Graduate School of Operations and Information Sciences houses the
departments of Computer Science, Information Science, Operations Research
and the prestigious interdisciplinary Modeling, Virtual Environments and
Simulation (MOVES) Academic Group. It also contains programs such as
Information Systems Technology; Electronic Warfare; Information Warfare;
Joint C4I Systems; Space Systems, and Special Operations and Low Intensity
Warfare.

NPS has created three new research institutes, The MOVES Institute, the
Institute for Information Superiority and Operations, and the Institute for
Systems Engineering and Analysis. All of these institutes have strong
interactions with the faculty of the Graduate School of Operations and
Information Sciences and the majority of faculty in two of these institutes
are under this Dean.

Ideally, applicants should have prior academic administrative experience at
the department chair or dean level; have a terminal degree from an
accredited institution in one of the areas represented within the school; a
distinguished record of academic achievement; and a good knowledge of
military operational and information systems. We will also welcome
applications from individuals with a record of distinguished service in
business or government. The successful candidate must hold or be able to
obtain a security clearance at the TS/SCI level.

The Naval Postgraduate School is a fully accredited graduate university that
serves military officers and selected civilians from the United States Navy,
other U.S. uniformed services, and a number of allied Nations. The mission
of the Naval Postgraduate School is to enhance the security of the United
States of America through graduate and professional education programs
focusing on the unique needs of the military officer. Our goals are to
increase the combat effectiveness of the armed forces of the U.S. and its
allies, and to contribute to fundamental scientific, engineering, policy,
business, and operational advances that support the Navy, Department of
Defense, and other national security establishments.

Applications accepted until the position is filled. Our review of
applications will begin on July 16, 2001.

Letters of nomination or letters of interest in the position, describing how
the nominee or candidate meets the position requirements should be sent to:

Dean Peter Purdue
Office of the Provost
Herrmann Hall, M6A
Naval Postgraduate School