[Acpc-l] Simulation Professional Series(sm) in Washington, DC

Distributed Simulation Technology disti@email.simulation.com
Thu, 10 May 2001 09:59:58 -0400

Distributed Simulation Technology, Inc., the world leader in Distributed Simulation Training, is
proud to offer the Simulation Professional Series(sm) of Short Courses June 11-22, 2001 in
Washington, DC.   The Simulation Professional Series(sm) is a coordinated multi-course program
designed to educate simulation professionals on the state of the art in Modeling and Simulation.
This series provides the simulation engineer with valuable insights into the technologies that
bring simulations to life with ever expanding levels of reality.  These classes can be taken
individually or as a series.

Simulation Based Acquisition                            June 11-12, 2001  Washington, DC
Military Simulation: Techniques & Technology            June 13-15, 2001  Washington, DC
Network Simulation: Techniques & Technology             June 18-20, 2001  Washington, DC
Visual Simulation:  Techniques & Technology             June 20-22, 2001  Washington, DC

DiSTI(r) is offering special pricing for this event, save up to $800 when taking all four courses.
Take Simulation Based Acquisition and Military Simulation for $2,000.  All courses will be held
in the Silicon Graphics training facility in Chantilly, VA 10 minutes from the Washington Dulles
Airport.

For registration on-line registration to go TRAINING.SIMULATION.COM or call (407) 206-3390.

Simulation Based Acquisition represents the next revolution in military business affairs.  This
course provides the essential information for participating in SBA activities.  During this course
students will look at applying bold and innovative approaches to acquisition through the DoD-
5000 series of documents and the SBA Road Map.  Students will follow the footstep of some
commercial successes including the Boeing 777 and the Dodge Intrepid.  Key techniques,
processes, technologies and prototype projects are presented in clear, understandable sessions.

Military Simulation: Techniques and Technology(tm) goes far beyond typical program
overviews. This course will significantly raise the level of awareness and understanding that is
essential in the military simulation field.  Attendees will learn the essential concepts for
simulation interoperability, architectures, models and applications.  Developers and Managers
will be prepared to use the newest technologies available and will gain an appreciation for the
history of the field. This class is a great opportunity to expose new engineers to the field of
Modeling and Simulation.

Visual Simulation: Techniques and Technology(tm) is a three-day exploration of the technology
used in visualizing a simulation.  The materials presented will help students form and then
answer many critical questions faced by the simulation developer.  How do I define appropriate
visual system requirements to meet simulation criteria?  What is a realistic expectation of
performance and capabilities from various types of visual systems? What can I expect from a
PC-IG visual system?  What are the issues involved in the development of a correlated visual
database?

Network Simulation: Techniques and Technology(tm) is a three-day exploration of the
technology used in distributing simulations across a network.  This course will examine
technologies used in both military simulations as well as commercial games.  Course discussions
will explore HLA, CORBA, DCOM, DIS, and a variety of supporting technologies necessary to
make them work.  Important questions that will be explored include:
Is HLA right for my project and what will I need to use it?  What is IEEE 1516?  Are there other
technologies available in industry that may fit my needs?  How can I determine what is feasible
in a distributed simulation?  How can I best use networking technology in a simulation?  What
kind of performance can I expect? How will latency impact my simulation?

Distributed Simulation Technology, Inc.
12424 Research Parkway
Suite 380
Orlando, Florida 32826