[Acpc-l] Training Opportunities in Washington, D.C.

DiSTI disti@email.simulation.com
Thu, 31 May 2001 13:15:15 -0400

ANNOUNCING......."Network Simulation: Techniques & Technology", a 3 day course,
                  June 18-20, 2001 in Washington, D.C.

"Network Simulation: Techniques & Technology" explores the technology used in distributing
simulations across a network.  This course will examine technologies used in both military
simulations as well as commercial games.  Course discussions will explore HLA, CORBA,
DCOM, DIS, and a variety of supporting technologies necessary to make simulations work.

Important questions that will be explored include:
   Is HLA right for my project and what will I need to use it?
   What is IEEE 1516 and how is different from the current HLA Version 1.3?
   What kind of performance can I expect from the current DMSO RTI?
   Are there other technologies available in industry that may fit my needs?
   How can I determine what is feasible in a distributed simulation?
   How can I best use networking technology in a simulation?
   How will latency impact my simulation?

Network Simulation: Techniques & Technology is part of the Simulation Professional Series(SM).
The Simulation Professional Series(SM) is a coordinated multi-course program designed to educate
simulation professionals on the state of the art in modeling and simulation.  This series provides
Program Managers and Software Engineers with valuable insights into the technologies that
bring simulations to life with ever expanding levels of reality.  These classes can be taken
individually or as a series.   The individual course dates are listed below.  For more detailed
information and course outlines please see our website at www.simulation.com.  Additional
course dates are also available.

Simulation Based Acquisition                          	June 11-12, 2001  Washington, DC
Military Simulation: Techniques & Technology            June 13-15, 2001  Washington, DC
Network Simulation:  Techniques & Technology            June 18-20, 2001  Washington, DC
Visual Simulation:   Techniques & Technology           	June 20-22, 2001  Washington, DC

All courses to be held in the Silicon Graphics training facility in Chantilly, VA 10 minutes from
the Washington Dulles Airport.  For registration information visit our website at
www.simulation.com or call (407) 206-3390.

About DiSTI(R)
Distributed Simulation Technology was founded in 1994 to provide superior training to the
Model and Simulation community.  DiSTI(R) instructors developed the first commercially offered
courses on DIS and HLA protocols.  Since 1994 DiSTI(R) has trained thousand of engineers from
a wide variety of simulation companies and government organizations around the world on
military simulation techniques.  Today, DiSTI has created the Simulation Professional Series(TM)
of courses.  These courses cover a wide range of simulation topics including the High Level
Architecture, Distributed Interactive Simulation, SEDRIS and several commercial simulation
products developed by MAK Technologies and Motorola.  DiSTI(R) is also the creator of GL
Studio(TM), a rapid prototyping tool for building photorealistic displays.

Distributed Simulation Technology, Inc.
12424 Research Parkway
Suite 380
Orlando, Florida 32826