[Acpc-l] VORTRAG von Jack Dongarra: "An Overview and Trends in High Performance Computing"

Christoph Ueberhuber christof@aurora.anum.tuwien.ac.at
Wed, 8 May 2002 11:24:05 +0200

Einladung zu dem

V O R T R A G

"An Overview and Trends in High Performance Computing"

Prof. Jack Dongarra

Innovative Computing Laboratory (ICL)
University of Tennessee
Knoxville, TN, USA

ORT:   Technische Universitaet Wien
            Hoersaal 8 ("Noebauer-Hoersaal")
            Freihaus (Wiedner Hauptstr. 8-10)
            Turm B (gelber Bereich), 2. Stock

ZEIT:   Freitag, 17. Mai 2002, 16 Uhr

ABSTRACT:  In this talk we will look at how high performance
computing has changed over the last 10 years and look toward
the future in terms of trends.  In addition, we advocate the
"Computational Grids" to support "large-scale" applications.

"Computational Grids" must provide transparent access to the
complex mix of resources - computational, networking, and
storage - that can be provided through aggregation of resources.
The vision is of uniform, location independent, and transient
access to the

     Computational
     Catalogued data
     Instrument system
     Human collaborator

resources of contemporary research activity in order to facilitate the
solution of large-scale, complex, multi-institutional/multidisciplinary
data and computational based problems.

Jack Dongarra: http://www.netlib.org/utk/people/JackDongarra/
ICL: http://icl.cs.utk.edu/