[Acpc-l] Einladung zum Informatik-Kolloquium Prof. HLAVAC

Werner Purgathofer wp@cg.tuwien.ac.at
Wed, 09 Apr 2003 15:22:22 +0200

Der Fachbereich Informatik und die Österreichische Computer Gesellschaft
laden zu folgendem Vortrag ein:

Professor Dr. Vaclav HLAVAC
Czech University of Technology

Datum:    12. Mai 2003
Uhrzeit:  17.45 Uhr pünktlich
Ort:      Hörsaal EI 10 (Paschke-Hs), Gußhausstr. 27-29, Erdgeschoss

TITEL: Omni-directional Vision for sewerage inspection
ABSTRACT: I will report on technology transfer. Computer vision knowledge
(geometry, omni-cameras, mosaicing, pattern recognition) is being
transferred into innovation of an inspection vehicle for sewerages. I will
report about (a) technology from academic point of view, (2) laboratory and
field experiments and the (3) experience with transfer. The work was done
within the project ISAAC, IST-2001-33266.

Kurzbiographie zu Professor Dr. Vaclav HLAVAC
Vaclav Hlavac was born in 1956 in Praha. He is a professor at the Czech
Technical University, Praha, Czech Republic where he a head of the Center
for Machine Perception, http://cmp.felk.cvut.cz/~hlavac. He received MSc.
in 1981, and PhD in 1987 from the same institution. His research interests
are in 3D computer vision and recentlyin both statistical and structural
pattern recognition. He is a co-author of the books Sonka M., Hlavac V.,
Boyle R.B.: Image Processing, Analysis, and Machine Vision, 1993, second
extended edition PWS Boston, 1999. Schlesinger M.I., Hlavac. V.: Ten
lectures on statistical and structural pattern recognition, Kluwer Academic
Publishers, Dordrecht, The Netherlands, 2002.

Weitere Informationen über den Vortragenden finden Sie auf
http://cmp.felc.cvut.cz/~hlavac

Kontaktperson an der TU Wien: Prof.Dr.Walter Kropatsch, Tel. 58801-18350

Die Finanzierung dieser Veranstaltung erfolgt durch
das Institut für Rechnergestützte Automation und die TU Wien
Der Fachbereich Informatik erhält Sponsorgelder u.a. von
      - Austrian Research Center Seibersdorf
      - Siemens AG Österreich
  Werner Purgathofer             | Tel. +43(1)58801 18648
  Technische Universitaet Wien   | http://www.cg.tuwien.ac.at