w3camd + v4l2

Linux Webcam LinuxWebcam@exchange.ware.net
Fri, 3 Dec 1999 12:06:28 -0800

Hi,

I've be playing with your w3camd and w3cam and I've had some success
with w3camd, but none with w3cam.cgi. Specifically I'm getting "Can't
open device /dev/video". I think this is a permission issue because the
webserver runs as nobody. But I'm not quite sure how to fix it.

The w3camd seems to work ok, but I can't repeatedly get images that are
of quality.
They end up having black streaks or noise. Perhaps this is a sync issue?
Or maybe an interrupt issue?

Any help is appreciated, Thanks.

Lance