new driver version 0.4.4

Peter Pregler Peter.Pregler@risc.uni-linz.ac.at
Mon, 06 Dec 1999 21:24:50 +0100 (CET)

Hi,

I was a bit bored over the weekend and chose to learn python and gtk. The
result is a cpia-control program. It has all the controls of the old gqcam
and some more (flicker control, manual compression control, more
sensor-fps settings, ...). To the driver this means that the non-v4l ioctl
kludge is gone. Use the new control program to do those settings. The
stuff should appear on the web-page as soon as Jarl reads his e-mail and
finds some time. :)

Note that the special gqcam-client will be gone completely really soon
now. I am working with the upstream author to incorporate my changes. So
the next official version of gqcam should support cpia-based cameras too.

Here is the list of changes:

1999-12-06 v0.4.4

      Patches from Peter Pregler <Peter_Pregler@email.com>:
      - fix for vic: treat VIDEO_PALETTE_YUV422 as VIDEO_PALETTE_YUYV
      - fix version kernel message output 1.2->1.02
      - removed vidwin.flag kludge
      - new python-gtk control-client
      - maximum value for y/uv-thresholds seems to be 31 and not 255
      - corrected a bug with centreWeight proc value
      - maximum value for targetFR is 30, 255 is unreasonable

And here is the list of stuff that can be controlled/viewed by the new
control-client. Read the README and the TODO in the control-client
directory. They might be more important.:)

FEATURES

- camera status (fps/thruput)
- setting color/brighness/contrast
- compression control (incl. manual/auto parameters)
- flicker control settings
- all possible sensor fps settings

Now for the bad news. There are still at least two grave problems with the
drivers:
- seems to be unstable for firmware version 1.02, need more debug output on
  that, I don't have such a camera
- saving exposure state still does not work

Enjoy, Peter