new driver version 0.4.4

Peter Pregler Peter.Pregler@risc.uni-linz.ac.at
Tue, 07 Dec 1999 10:25:23 +0100 (CET)

On 07-Dec-1999 Hannu Martikka wrote:
> Could it be possible to get "autodetection" or at least cmd line options
> for detecting/selecting different video sources. Video source
> selectors seems to be missing both gqcam and your gtk cpia-control
> utility.

The next version of the official gqcam will have it. I will not backport.
In the meantime edit the source.

> With gtk-control-utility it would be easy to automatically pick the
> /proc/cpia/video# (since there typically are just one of them).
> If there are more then pick the first automagically and provide options
> (cmd-line and GUI) to change it.

It's already in the TODO. But feel free to send me a patch.

> Could you add selectors for "max_gain" (+other misc features like
> ecp_timing, exposure_mode) in the control-utility.

See the TODO, waiting for your patches. ;)

> Also could we also have "auto" compression on as default?

We used none per default because the first frame has to be loaded
uncompressed. So for a single frame grab none was the best setting. But I
think the load-first-frame uncompressed code now works. So I guess we can
change that back to auto. Any objections, Scott?

-Peter