Quality versus Frame_Rate

Cassio Guimaraes Lopes lopes@gepeb.hu.ufsc.br
Wed, 08 Dec 1999 08:29:20 -0200

Hello People !

I have a little (I suppose) problem concerning the goals of the CPiA
compressor.

On the objectives of the Autocompression, the Software Developer User's
Guide
atests that compression and
quality are conflicting goals (obviously). The parameters used to
express this
are "TargetFR" and "TargetQ".
TargetFR is a measure of Data Rate (Frames per second). The question is:
When
the target is "Quality",
What is the figure of merit used as a measure of  "Quality" ?  What is
the
meaning of the number
TargetQ ? Is it a measure of Mean Square Error? Degradation of
something?

Thanks in advance !

Cassio.
PS: Anyone intend to come to the Tropical summer (I Live in Brazil) ? It
is
coming soon  :O)