USB

Remco B. Brink remco@xgov.net
Fri, 17 Dec 1999 09:31:39 +0100

> > <snip>

> > patches
> > >
> > > I´m sorry, I´m so busy in my job that I did not have any spare time
> > > since the 2.3.5er-experiments.
> >
> > I'll give w3cam a good testrun when I get back home later today and I'll
> > send out a message how things went.
> >
> any new infos?

System: Intel P3-500, 128mb ram, Creative II USB, RedHat 6.1, kernel 2.3.33,
vidcat 0.6.2

2.3.31 seems stable and runs without any problems.

2.3.32 however proved unstable. I ran vidcat from a crontab job and
basically the system would lock up every now and then. I strongly suspect
this to be because of the webcam, since that is basically the only thing the
system was doing the second before it crashed. Crashes appear to be at
random intervals (eg. it works for a couple of hours, the next time it
crashes after 10 minutes).

2.3.33 again, seems stable. Had the camera run in a cron job again, grabbing
images every minute and uploading them in the background.

When adding plenty of light the images are clear and good quality. The
problem is the amount of light. I have the feeling I can see more in the
windows images than I can see in the Linux version. I dont know if Jorg
Martens' patches would've improved this as well.

regards,
Remco
http://remco.xgov.net