Info on CPiA USB driver

R. Steven Rainwater srainwater@ncc.com
Tue, 27 Jul 1999 11:23:09 -0500

I just finished compiling the Linux 2.3.11 kernel with Johannes
Erdfelt's Vision USB driver.  I'm using the Zoomcam USB camera.
The kernel boots and the driver reports that it has found the
camera but now I'm stuck. How do I do something with the it like
grab an image?

I tried compiling a program called w3cam which, when I run it,
has the interesting effect of causing the system to instantly
reboot without any sort of warning or error message.  So, it
would appear this is not a good thing to do. ;-)  This is my
first shot at any Linux video-relate stuff so I'm a bit lost.
Is there some sort of program I can get that will let me
communicate with the camera through the USB driver to grab an
image or even just verify that it's working?

-Steve