decode.zip

Peter Pregler Peter.Pregler@risc.uni-linz.ac.at
Thu, 29 Jul 1999 01:48:59 +0200 (CEST)

On 28-Jul-99 jmmerliot@free.fr wrote:

>         I managed to build things nicely, but there seem to be some
> strange bug in the
> code ( mine probably ;-) ) I can't find. Has anyone tried the code and
> been able to decode
> QCIF frames with it ?

I only compiled it but did not find the time to really test things. I will
use the stuff in a kernel module but would be glad for some diffs to start
from.

>         Just one more thing, I once found a library to check memory
> allocation in a
> program, which nicely detected memory leaks, buffer overflows and things
> like that, I just
> can't remember what it was. Anyone knowing some kind of similar tool ?

If my memory does not betray me one is 'electric fence' which should be
available as a package in your favorite linux-distribution. At least
debian has it. I can have a close look in about two weeks.s

-Peter