USB driver in kernel 2.3.3

Johannes Erdfelt jerdfelt@sventech.com
Tue, 8 Jun 1999 19:29:49 -0400

On Fri, Jun 04, 1999, Chris Jones <chris@black-sun.co.uk> wrote:
> I notice on your website that the usb driver for the webcam has made it
> into 2.3.3. I have just one question, how on earth do I activate it? I have
> switched on USB in the BIOS, now what do I do to get the webcam working?!
>
> I've also tried 2.3.5 and it still doesnt mention the cam!

Caution, the driver is very Alpha and as such is very buggy. In fact, it
really doesn't like it when you have things other than the camera
plugged in :)

To get it working, you need to modify the drivers/usb/Config.in file and
add this line near the end (but before the fi!)

  bool 'USB CPiA based camera' CONFIG_USB_CPIA

Then run make menuconfig (or your kernel configurator of choice), go to
USB drivers and select the CPiA driver.  Then compile the kernel, don't
forget to enable Video 4 Linux support as well!

JE