USB webcam

Johannes Erdfelt jerdfelt@sventech.com
Wed, 12 May 1999 12:35:36 -0400

On Wed, May 12, 1999, Roger Hardiman <roger@cs.strath.ac.uk> wrote:
> Is your USB webcam driver on Linux?
> I did not think Linux had isochronous transfer sorted out.

It still doesn't. I wrote the beginnings of isochronous support for
this. It's by far not complete and it'll need some work to be useful for
all of the isochronous transfer, but it's a start.

> If it has, do you know roughlt when it was added to the USB stack.

Isochronous transfer will probably never go into the 2.2.x kernel, but
rather into the 2.3.x kernel. The impression I got from Linus was only
simple USB stuff like Keyboards, Mice, Hubs, and Printers will go into
the stable kernel.

I'm sure there will be an unofficial patch against 2.2.x at some time
(heh, like mine) so we'll see.

JE