mmap smp problem ?

Gleicon S. Moraes gleicon@engebras.com
Tue, 23 Nov 1999 15:33:42 -0200

> There is some warning in the README that mmap on SMP is a killer. Normal
> read operation, e.g. the gqcam-application, should work fine. Can you
> check that?

is there a link pointing to a simple implementation of the read operation using cpia
driver ? gqcam gave an ideia, but i want to make a layer to put in some v4l programs. The
point is: i use bttv, and most of these programs use mmap to get the picture.
Can i just set the image size and depth , and after thist, read the entire picture ?
I just want to make those programs run with cpia driver.

Thanks in advance,

regards
[]'s

Gleicon S. Moraes