mmap smp problem ?

J-F Mammet webmaster@softgallery.com
Wed, 24 Nov 1999 10:03:45 +0100

Ok I looked all the Emails about the mmap problem. I just recompiled my
kernel without SMP and mmap works fine, so it's definitely a SMP problem,
like everybody said, but I like to check by myself.

I'm not competent enough to write some threaded mmap functions for the
driver so I'll have to wait for the corrected one 8).

Do you know some image grabber (I want to do a webcam) that uses a simple
read for a v4l device instead of mmap like gqcam does ? Having a dual
celeron and using a non SMP kernel is a little bit annoying ;-)

Best Regards.

J-F Mammet
webmaster@softgallery.fr