backlight and filters - algorithms needed

Mads Bondo Dydensborg madsdyd@challenge.dk
Thu, 25 Nov 1999 16:43:15 +0100 (CET)

On Thu, 25 Nov 1999, Peter Pregler wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> I recently compared the output of our driver with the m$-stuff and found
> the following obvious difference. There is a 'backlight' option and some
> 'filters (50/60Hz)' that one can switch on/off in the m$-video panel. The
> first one is usefull in dark scenes. In case of compressed mode the image
> looks less grainy.

Compensation gains?

> The second one eliminates horizontal stripes that seem
> to occur during exposure changes.

I think this would be the flicker control. It is documented in the
"Notes on use of the CPiA command set", p. 3-34, section 3.12.1 ff.

> Has anyone an idea what kind of image
> processing filters those are?

My best guess is above.

Mads

--
Mads Bondo Dydensborg.                               madsdyd@challenge.dk
  7)  Sacrifice a small animal for Good Luck

 (step 7 of 8 in configuring the Open Source Global File System for Linux)