Problems with cpia-0.2.3

Bas Rijniersce bas@brijn.nu
Thu, 21 Oct 1999 11:48:18 +0200

Hi,

I finally had the time to try the Peter's latest driver. I run into some
trouble when compiling the driver. First the system:
Dual celeron, 128 Mb, RedHat 6.0, Linux 2.2.12

Insmod'ing parport and parport_pc:
parport0: PC-style at 0x378 [SPP,ECP,ECPEPP,ECPPS2]
parport0: detected irq 7; use procfs to enable interrupt-driven
operation.
VMware normally uses these as well, so I guess they are OK.

No problems with the compile. But insmod'ing ppcuscpia.o gives a whole
list off unresolved symbol's:
ppcuscpia.o: unresolved symbol schedule_timeout
ppcuscpia.o: unresolved symbol __wake_up
ppcuscpia.o: unresolved symbol parport_unregister_device
..
ppcuscpia.o: unresolved symbol jiffies
ppcuscpia.o: unresolved symbol printk
ppcuscpia.o: unresolved symbol __generic_copy_to_user

? Checking parport_unregister_device, used in interface_pp.c, wich
include's linux/parport.h where parport_unregister_device is defined.

Peter, in README.DMA you say "load the parport_pc module with parameter
dma=N". Is N something like 0x378?

TIA,
Bas

----
Bas Rijniersce                       Phone +31 341 550545
Oude Telgterweg 81                   Fax +31 341 562940
3851 EA  Ermelo                      http://www.brijn.nu
The Netherlands                      bas@brijn.nu