new ioctl

sbertin@mindspring.com sbertin@mindspring.com
Thu, 9 Sep 1999 08:45:28 -0400 (EDT)

On  9 Sep, Bas Huisman wrote:
> I've taken a small look at wcIIcam0.2, but it's my driver code
> so I guess it should give the same performance/quality
> unless maybe he changed some settings (like FPS)

You can get the same quality by changing
#define COMPRESSION 	2  /* 2 for manual, 1 for automatic, 0 for none */
#define COMPRESSION 	1  /* 2 for manual, 1 for automatic, 0 for none */
in main.cc

I think the performance is the same.  At any rate, I wouldn't spend
much time on it.  Hopefully the proprietary module will go away as soon
as we get a v4l module.  That should happen within a couple of weeks.

Scott J. Bertin
sbertin@mindspring.com