Problems with CPIA_GetColourParams and CPIA_GetColourBalance

Peter Pregler Peter.Pregler@risc.uni-linz.ac.at
Thu, 30 Sep 1999 09:57:05 +0200 (CEST)

On 30-Sep-99 Mads Bondo Dydensborg wrote:

> Apart from the fact, that I assume 255 is the correct value, not 256, I
> take this to mean, that the communication with the camera went fine, but
> the values returned indicate an error (maybe a malformed request?)
>
> GetCameraState, and GetExposure seems to work fine.
>
> What am I doing wrong? (I noted that both GetCameraState and GetExposure
> returns 8 byte, whereas the two others only return 3).

This is a bug in the driver. Reading back from the camera failed for all
commands that do not return 8 bytes. I have sent a crude patch to the list
a few days ago (subject: Get* solved). I guess I will stuff toghether some
of the other low-level patches I have and send them to Jarl to update the
low-level stuff.

Greetings, Peter