[cpia] GPL release of the windows parport driver code

Peter Pregler Peter_Pregler@email.com
Tue, 4 Apr 2000 17:05:53 +0200

Hi all,

Henry Bruce from STMicroelectronics (former VLSI) sent me the windows
parport driver code for the cpia cameras licensed under the GPL. So
please have a look at it and integrate the good stuff to the
linux-CPiA driver. Especially could someone look at the initialisation
code and do a comparison to the linux cvs-code? I had only a short
look at it and did not notice any _big_ differences. Even the comments
for the firmware version-1.02 code sounded similar. :) But I guess the
solution to the initialisation problems that people some encounter
lies somewhere down there. I had also a short look at the dma-code and
apart from some speed tunings for special chip-sets there seems to be
no really big difference. Anyway, I have enough to do to get
fifo/dma-read work for the 2.3.99 kernel. After that I might have a
look at how streaming is done in the windows driver. Almost forgot,
the stuff is available from http://webcam.sourceforge.net/.

Once again I would like to thank Henry Bruce for his ongoing efforts
to release relevant programming information to the linux community.

Have fun, Peter

--
Email: Peter_Pregler@email.com
WWW:   http://www.risc.uni-linz.ac.at/people/ppregler