[cpia] Can I use multiple cameras???

Carlos Ernesto =?iso-8859-1?Q?L=F3pez=20Natar=E9n?= natorro@yahoo.com
Fri, 07 Apr 2000 22:53:41 -0500

Hi, first I want to give a BIG thanks to all the people making
this stuff possible :-) now my problem is the following:
I want to make a kindergarden monitor for five classrooms using
5 Web cams II, my main concern is in how to connect them in the
server, is there anything like a hub for the parallel port or
anything like that??? then, assuming I can connect them all in
the computer, just inserting the cpia and cpia_pp (cpia_usb) modules
the cameras will be detected??? I mean how many cameras can be
detected???
I recieve a message saying something like: 1 cameras detected, that
made me think I can use more than one :-) I guess...
the next problem is assuming I can put them all in the "hub" how can
I amplify the signal from the cameras because the five rooms are
separated and I need some extra cable to concentrate all the cameras
ports.

Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks
natorro