[cpia] Aiptek HyperVcam Fun

Peter Pregler Peter_Pregler@email.com
Mon, 17 Apr 2000 15:50:27 +0200

On Mon, Apr 17, 2000 at 10:28:19AM +0200, Peter Pregler wrote:
> On Sun, Apr 16, 2000 at 10:29:24PM -0400, Joseph C. Kopec wrote:
> > As mentioned in my earlier message, I have been having some problems
> > getting the Aiptek HyperVcam Fun webcam to operate, though it is
> > mentioned among the CPiA USB cameras on the webcam.sourceforge.net
> > site.  Has anyone managed to get this to work under Linux with the cpia
> > software?  When I boot up, I get the attached messages in dmesg --
> > basically, it says "usb.c:  This device is not recognized by any
> > installed USB driver."
>
> > usb.c: This device is not recognized by any installed USB driver.
> >   Length              = 18
> >   DescriptorType      = 01
> >   USB version         = 1.00
> >   Vendor:Product      = 05a9:0511
>
> The vendor-id of the cpia-chip is 0553. So I guess it is not a
> cpia-based camera.

I just scanned some source-code and saw that your Vendor:Product
matches the OV511 chip. So the Webcam III driver (don't know how they
called it) in the 2.3-something kernels should work. Can anyone
confirm why this camera is listed as CPiA-based? Are there different
versions?

-Peter

--
I will not waste chalk. --Bart Simpson at the blackboard
Email: Peter_Pregler@email.com