[cpia] compaq armada 7800

Peter Pregler Peter_Pregler@email.com
Tue, 18 Apr 2000 08:31:37 +0200

On Mon, Apr 17, 2000 at 11:29:06AM -0500, Joseph Eggleston wrote:
> I'm trying to get the webcam II to work under kernel 2.2.14-5 on a
> Compaq Armada 7800 (laptop). The BIOS calls the parallel port an "ECP
> printer port" but for some reason linux doesn't recognize it as such.
> Here's the relevant log info:
>
> parport0: PC-style at 0x378 [SPP,PS2]
> parport0: read2 timeout.
> parport0: Multimedia device, VLSI Vision Ltd PPC2 Camera
> Linux video capture interface: v1.00
> V4L-Driver for Vision CPiA based cameras v0.7.4
> Parallel port driver for Vision CPiA based cameras v0.7.4
> cpia_pp.c:cpia_pp_register(1469):port is not ECP capable
>   0 camera(s) found
>
> Does anyone have experience with this problem? Which is lying to me, the
> BIOS or the kernel?

Maybe you better ask the parport-people. As long as ECP is not in the
[SPP,PS]-list there is nothing the cpia-driver can do. Also check out
the compaq-pages. AFAIR they have nice white-papers describing how to
setup linux on some of their laptops.

-Peter

--
I will not waste chalk. --Bart Simpson at the blackboard
Email: Peter_Pregler@email.com