[cpia] Building a kernel with CPiA support

Johannes Erdfelt jerdfelt@sventech.com
Fri, 21 Apr 2000 17:03:59 -0400

On Fri, Apr 21, 2000, Jacob Nikom <nikom@merl.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I am trying to configure a kernel 2.3.99 pre5 trying to
> get CPiA driver supported by the kernel. However, when I run
> menuconfig or xconfig utilities they never asked me about
> CPiA driver.
>
> In the file Config.help there is an information about the
> driver, like CONFIG_VIDEO_CPIA, CONFIG_VIDEO_CPIA_USB.
>
> Which utility should I run to put those configuration parameters
> into the kernel?
>
> I am running Redhat 6.2, Pentium II, current kernel 2.2.12-20.

This is a problem with the current config system. They have dependancy
information which hides options if previous options were not specified.

You need to enable USB first, then go back to video4linux and then
select CPiA.

However, it should have atleast prompted you for the CPiA core driver.

JE