[cpia] Problem with cpia-0.7.4

Jacob Nikom nikom@merl.com
Mon, 24 Apr 2000 19:44:10 -0400

Hi,

I am trying to get my WebCamII work with USB driver.
I used to work with old parallel port version of this
camera. My machine is Pentium II (Klamath) with 128MB.
I was able to get 2.3.99-pre5 kernel working and \
configured the cpia driver inside the kernel:
CONFIG_VIDEO_BWQCAM=y
CONFIG_VIDEO_CQCAM=y
CONFIG_VIDEO_CPIA=y
CONFIG_VIDEO_CPIA_PP=y
CONFIG_VIDEO_CPIA_USB=y

Following the discussion I create shm directory in the
/var directory and mounted it :
mount -t shm none /var/shm

Then I successfully configured and compiled my files.
However, when I started to run gqcam executable, it complained:
/dev/video: No such device

Actually, such a device exists, but it does not have major number:
#ls -l vid*
lrwxrwxrwx    1 root     root            6 Mar 31 05:35 video -> video0
crw-------    1 nikom    root      81,   0 Jan 28 16:59 video0
crw-------    1 nikom    root      81,   1 Jan 28 16:59 video1

Should I create new video device using mknod command?
I am not sure what else has to be done to make it work.

I would appreciate any help.

Regards,

Jacob Nikom