[cpia] Problem with cpia-0.7.4

Jacob Nikom nikom@merl.com
Tue, 25 Apr 2000 18:17:53 -0400

Hi Johannes,

Thank you very much for your help. I followed your advice and
mounted the device using fstab. Here is my fstab file:

/dev/sda1               /                       ext2
defaults        1 1
/dev/cdrom              /mnt/cdrom              iso9660
noauto,owner,ro 0 0
/dev/fd0                /mnt/floppy             auto
noauto,owner    0 0
none                    /proc                   proc
defaults        0 0
none                    /dev/pts                devpts
gid=5,mode=620  0 0
/dev/sda5               swap                    swap
defaults        0 0
/dev/video              /proc/bus/usb           usbdevfs
defaults        0 0

However, the gqcam program still cannot recognize the video device:

prompt>gqcam
/dev/video: No such device

Here are my mounted devices:
prompt> mount
/dev/sda1 on / type ext2 (rw)
none on /proc type proc (rw)
none on /dev/pts type devpts (rw,gid=5,mode=620)
/dev/video0 on /proc/bus/usb type usbdevfs (rw)
automount(pid447) on /releases-sgi type autofs
(rw,fd=5,pgrp=447,minproto=2,maxproto=3)
automount(pid463) on /projects type autofs
(rw,fd=5,pgrp=463,minproto=2,maxproto=3)
automount(pid477) on /homes type autofs
(rw,fd=5,pgrp=477,minproto=2,maxproto=3)
automount(pid434) on /distributions type autofs
(rw,fd=5,pgrp=434,minproto=2,maxproto=3)
automount(pid429) on /releases-linux type autofs
(rw,fd=5,pgrp=429,minproto=2,maxproto=3)
hercules:/homes/nikom on /homes/nikom type nfs
(rw,intr,rsize=8192,wsize=8192,addr=137.203.128.5,addr=137.203.128.5)
none on /var/shm type shm (rw)
prompt>

I thought I need "video0" instead of "video" and recompiled frontend.c
but it did not help.
Do you know what could be wrong?

Regards,

Jacob Nikom