[cpia] cpia_usb / usb-ohci problem (a new one?)

Nicolas Roussel nicolas.roussel@gmd.de
Wed, 30 Aug 2000 12:22:33 +0200 (CEST)

Hi,

I tried to use a Terracam USB camera (cpia driver) yesterday with an
OHCI USB card (kernel 2.4.0-test7) and it didn't work. I got no image
but only messages like:

  "cpia data error: [1] len=0, status=FFFFFFEE"

(I don't have the actual log with me but I can send it later)

I tried a Creative WebCam III with the ov511 driver on the same
machine and it worked perfectly with the OHCI card.

I also tried the Terracam on another machine with UHCI USB and it also
worked perfectly.

I found some posts to linux-usb (April 2000) relating the same
problems, but no solution. There are also lots of recent posts to
linux-usb-devel about cpia/ohci problems, but not directly related to
this one.

Any idea ?

Nicolas Roussel                            mailto:nicolas.roussel@gmd.de
GMD - FIT.HCI, Schloss Birlinghoven          http://fit.gmd.de/~roussel/
53754 St. Augustin, Germany       phone: +49 2241 14-2154 / fax: 14-2065