[cpia] Any FreeBSDers in here?

Roger Hardiman roger@cs.strath.ac.uk
Sat, 12 Feb 2000 08:46:47 +0000

Alan,

> Any FreeBSDers in here?
I'm here. (I'm the FreeBSD Bt848/878 driver maintainer)

> Just wondering if anyone has been trying to get this to work with FreeBSD.

I don't know of anyone working on porting the code to FreeBSD.

You are right that in theory, we can just rewrite the part of the driver
which talks to the linux kernel, and make it talk to our kernel API
instead.

Unfortunatly, I've got no CPIA parallel port hardware.
I do have the CPIA USB camera.

If you want to undertake the project, I'll be able to provide a few
bit of help. You can also email Nick Souch, nsouch@freebsd.org
who wrote the FreeBSD parallel port code in FreebSD 3.x and 4.x.

Roger
--
Roger Hardiman
Strathclyde Uni Telepresence Research Group, Glasgow, Scotland.