[cpia] Re: [linux-usb] CPIA & YUV422 format..

Johannes Erdfelt jerdfelt@sventech.com
Sat, 26 Feb 2000 13:03:34 -0500

On Sat, Feb 26, 2000, Jochen Scharrlach <Jochen.Scharrlach@schwaben.de> wrote:

> the USB-part of *this* driver was done by me - but by doing this, I
> reused several parts of the kernel-cpia driver, so maybe you should be
> mentioned in the credits for the USB-part, too :)

To elaborate:

The Parallel Port code looks completely custom.
The USB code looks like it was based on my code but with a good number
of updates/changes
The core looks like it was based on my code but with numerous
updates/changes/additions

Wasn't too worried about it. Just a little confused that I was credited
for the Parallel port code (which I had very little to do with if
anything) but not for the USB code (which was based on my code).

Anyway, I spent the better part of Friday hacking on it. I've fixed a
couple of bugs and made the formatting consistent. I'm working on
tracking down a freeze I'm seeing right now.

Overall, very nice work. The core supports practically everything about
the CPiA chipset that I didn't even bother thinking about supporting :)

JE