[cpia] VIDIOCSWIN/reset_camera_struct and weird colors

Nicolas Roussel nicolas.roussel@gmd.de
Fri, 25 Feb 2000 00:33:14 +0100 (CET)

Hi again,

I am currently porting to Linux some work I did for my PhD using SGI
workstations. Since I am also writing the thesis at the same time, I
can't really spend much time on this, but I think I will send you
something to play with in a few days...

I can't tell you much about performance since I have problems to get
my software run for more than a few minutes (USB problems, most of the
time). However, the CPU load seems pretty acceptable. As for
optimizations, I think we should try to make the driver as fast as
possible. You never know what people will want to do with digital
video (some examples will follow).

Back to my color problem. Changing the color compensation as you
suggested works sometime. I noticed also that in some cases, if I
cover the camera with my hand, then the colors turn normal. Strange...

Anyway, I will try to send you a first Linux version of my stuff next
week. If you want to know what it's about, you can find some info here:

   http://www-ihm.lri.fr/~roussel/videoSpace/

Nicolas