[cpia] Driver for Creative WebCAM III (and general driver design issues)

Gleicon S. Moraes gleicon@uol.com.br
Tue, 29 Feb 2000 16:11:03 -0300

Well, I think such design would be a good start point to use news features
like v4l-2, new chips, and to make the things cleaner:

chip -> device ( parport or usb) -> access method ( v4l, v4l-2, or even
another spec , i dont know :D ).

The only point is: we already have the driver going stable ( well, at least
for me its *very* stable and production quality) and changes like this, take
time to be stable and done...
This design in *theory* are a good step to portability, and a good way to
add features like news chips and video formats, and a good way to port it
between O.S's.
Well, Just comments ...
Best regards

Gleicon S. Moraes