[cpia] cpia-control

Peter Pregler Peter.Pregler@risc.uni-linz.ac.at
Fri, 21 Jan 2000 08:12:52 +0100 (CET)

On 21-Jan-2000 Jean-Michel Merliot wrote:

> Hi everybody,
>
>         Driver 0.5.0 works perfectly on my SMP box, by I have problems
> with the
> cpia-control program, the gqcam client seems unaware of whatever changes
> I make to the
> compression mode, and it seems not to take care of whatever change I can
> do by hand in
> the /proc/cpia interface.
>
>         By the way, I use the cpia cam in /dev/video1, in cased that
> could change
> something.
>
>         Any idea of what I can do wrong ?

To be honest, no. Do the values in the /proc/cpia/videoX change? Any
successfull change will be immediatly visibile in the next read. Do you
get error-messages in the system-log (something about error -22 IIRC)?
That would signify invalid values. Is it possible to change the color of
the image with the slider? That is about the most visible thing you can
change. As for changing things by hand with echo to /proc/cpia/videoX:
note that the number of spaces between token and value is significant. I
just do a copy/paste in case I want to try out something.

-Peter

Email: Peter.Pregler@risc.uni-linz.ac.at
WWW:   http://www.risc.uni-linz.ac.at/people/ppregler