[cpia] Hi!

Peter Pregler Peter.Pregler@risc.uni-linz.ac.at
Fri, 21 Jan 2000 19:53:46 +0100 (CET)

On 21-Jan-00 Luis Villa wrote:
> On Fri, 21 Jan 2000, Peter Pregler wrote:
>> On 21-Jan-2000 Luis Villa wrote:
>> >       Finally, what is the state of the drivers? I know I need to
>> > upgrade to 2.3.x for this, but what does "semi-functional" mean,
>> > exactly?
>>
>> That is wrong. The driver is not yet working with 2.3.x though the port is
>> underway. The 0.5-version is submitted to Alan and might appear in the
>> kernel in version 2.2.16. For the tarball available right now any 2.2.X
>> will do.
>
> I thought the 0.5 version was for parport only. Does this mean there is no
> USB support at this time? Not a big deal, but it would be nice to have the
> option.

Yes, 0.5 is parport and 2.2.X only. People are working on adding the usb-code
that is in 2.3.x and porting the 0.5-version to 2.3.x. AFAIK there are no plans
to do any usb-stuff with 2.2.x kernels.

Greetings, Peter

Even the thought that a ship was waiting to take him back to Earth
did not wipe out the sense of loss he felt at that moment.
Email: Peter.Pregler@risc.uni-linz.ac.at
Peter Pregler / RISC, University of Linz, Austria