[cpia] cpia-control

Peter Pregler Peter.Pregler@risc.uni-linz.ac.at
Mon, 24 Jan 2000 09:36:51 +0100 (CET)

On 23-Jan-2000 sbertin@mindspring.com wrote:
> On 21-Jan-2000 Jean-Michel Merliot wrote:
>> cpia-control program, the gqcam client seems unaware of whatever
>> changes I make to the compression mode, and it seems not to take care
>> of whatever change I can do by hand in the /proc/cpia interface.
>>
>>         By the way, I use the cpia cam in /dev/video1, in cased that
>> could change
>
> cpia-control assumes that the camera is /dev/video0.  Change the
> filename
> in libcpia.py to /proc/cpia/video1 and it should work.

Since version 0.2, the one on my webpage, I have implemented a command
line switch:

[lugburz:control-client-0.2!118] ./cpia-control -h
Usage: ./cpia-control [-h] [proc-file]

That version should also scan for files in that directory and open the
first one. So I did not consider that as a source for the problem. Is
there a bug lurking here? Which versions are you using? The URL to my
latest client is:

http://www.risc.uni-linz.ac.at/people/ppregler/cpia/

Ooops, there is no reference on the web-page. Jarl, can you add a link to
that web-page?

-Peter

Email: Peter.Pregler@risc.uni-linz.ac.at
WWW:   http://www.risc.uni-linz.ac.at/people/ppregler