[cpia] hmm

Peter Pregler Peter.Pregler@risc.uni-linz.ac.at
Tue, 25 Jan 2000 21:16:23 +0100 (CET)

On 25-Jan-00 David Cougle wrote:
> Well, I got the cam working, but I'm curious about how it matches up with
> the quality of my old parallel port quickcam 2, which seems, at least from
> the pictures i've taken on windows and linux so far, to be better than
> webcam ii.  I was considering buying webcam 3, but does anyone have any
> shots that show how good a webcam 2 can do?

See lugburz.risc.uni-linz.ac.at for my test-webcam. The quality really depends
on the lighting. Things get grainy for in-house lighting.

> www.slidellweb.com/dcougle/test.jpg is the best i got in linux, and i look
> like a giraffe alien in it:)

This is a byte-order problem (rgb24 vs. bgr24). Since I have no idea what
version of what you are using things are complicated. As for the parport
camera: use the version of gqcam that comes with the driver.

-Peter

Even the thought that a ship was waiting to take him back to Earth
did not wipe out the sense of loss he felt at that moment.
Email: Peter.Pregler@risc.uni-linz.ac.at
Peter Pregler / RISC, University of Linz, Austria