[cpia] Problem to load cpia_pp

sbertin@mindspring.com sbertin@mindspring.com
Tue, 25 Jan 2000 17:39:44 -0500 (EST)

On 25 Jan, FISSELIER Hubert wrote:
> I have a WebCam II with parallel port. As explain in the INSTALL file,
> I've load the videodev module with "modprobe -a videodev", parport
> module, parport_pc. I've load the cpia.o with the command "insmod
> cpia.o" but i can't load the cpia_pp.o because he said me that the
> periphical is already used.
>
> 	Why? Is the manipulation is bad?

I think you will get that error message regardless of why it actually
fails.  The most likely reason for this to happen is if you do not have
the camera on an ECP port.  Afer installing the parport_pc module, type
dmesg.  At the end you should see a line that looks like:
parport0: PC-style at 0x3bc, irq 7, dma 3 [SPP,ECP,ECPPS2]
If it doesn't say ECP for the port you have the camera connected to, it
will not work.

Soctt J. Bertin
sbertin@mindspring.com