[cpia] Unified patch for recent kernels

sbertin@mindspring.com sbertin@mindspring.com
Tue, 25 Jan 2000 18:07:22 -0500 (EST)

On 25 Jan, Claudio Matsuoka wrote:
> I'm installing the CPiA module in my Debian slink box but for some
> reason the bundled patch(1) complains about "malformed patch at line
> 43". I applied it by hand over 2.3.39 but it didn't work -- it seems
> that videodev didn't include CPiA support.
>
> Now I'm installing a vanilla 2.3.40, and to avoid the tedious work
> of manual patching (and possible errors), is an unified diff available
> for one of the recent kernels?

You're probably the first to apply that patch to one of the recent
development kernels.  I'm not suprised that there are problems.  If you
don't need it compiled into the kernel, the patch is unnecessary, just
type make in the cpia/modules directory and the modules will be built
there.  I'll have a look later tonight and try to put together a patch
for 2.3.40.

Scott J. Bertin
sbertin@mindspring.com