[cpia] two webcams simultaneously ..

Ramprasad Rao ramp@oddjob.uchicago.edu
Mon, 3 Jul 2000 03:49:01 -0500 (CDT)

I'm trying to get two webcams to work at the same time. Both are on the
same USB bus. Is this even possible.

One is a cpia ezcam USB, the second one is a ibm xirlink

I can get both of them to work (just not simultaneously). The ibm xirlink
is closer while the ezcam is two hubs away.

I have created /dev/video0 and /dev/video1 with /dev/video being a symlink
/dev/video0

lrwxrwxrwx   1 root     root           11 Jul  3 02:56 /dev/video -> /dev/video0
crw-rw-rw-   1 root     root      81,   0 Jul  3 02:56 /dev/video0
crw-rw-rw-   1 root     root      81,   1 Jul  3 02:52 /dev/video1

All this is running linuxppc with a 2.4.0test backport to 2.2.17pre6.

Any ideas and suggestions will be most appreciated. Thanks in advance,
Ram