[cpia] cpia-1.1 release

sbertin@mindspring.com sbertin@mindspring.com
Thu, 13 Jul 2000 11:26:11 -0400 (EDT)

I've been hard at work integrating some feature of the Windows driver.
There are four big changes:
	1. Automatic sensor frame rate adjustment if the image is
           consistently over/under exposed and AEC is enabled.
	2. The max_gain is now 8 by default for firmware > 1.02.
	3. allowable_overexposure can be set automatically based on
	   the brightness when flicker control is enabled.
	4. AEC/ACB are now more effective for single frame grabs.
	   In some cases though, AEC may switch back & forth between 2
           exposure setings.  I haven't found a solution to this yet
           other than turning off AEC after it reaches a good setting.

Scott J. Bertin
sbertin@mindspring.com

2000-07-13 v1.1
	Patch from Arjan van de Ven <arjan@fenrus.demon.nl>
	  - fixes illegal memory accesses in usb driver

	Patch from Scott J. Bertin <sbertin@mindspring.com>
	  - Clean up convert420
	  - No longer adjust compensation gains if they go below the
	    minimum that can be set.
	  - Added a timeout while waiting for the stream to become ready.
	  - Incorporated parts of the Windows driver:
	    - Fix some problems with the exposure settings.
	    - Improved handling of camera parameters for the first frame.
	    - Improved flicker control, including an "auto" setting for
	      allowable_overexposure and monitoring for 1-02 firmware.
	    - Automatic frame rate adjustment if AEC is enabled and the
	      image is consistently over/under exposed.
	    - If the stream state enters STREAM_PAUSED while waiting for
	      STREAM_READY, clear it (untested).