[cpia] Frequency problems. I don't have a tuner gosh darnit!

Peter Pregler Peter_Pregler@email.com
Tue, 20 Jun 2000 08:43:18 +0200

On Mon, Jun 19, 2000 at 07:21:18PM -1000, Monty the Mooch wrote:
> Most of the programs I try for putting my creative Video Blaster II (USB
> version) don't work for me because they all ask for a tuner or tuner
> frequency. V4L doesn't seem to have much support for non-tuner type
> devices. The latest attempt starts, but fails because of tuner problems.
> Help!

The cpia-driver reports that it has no tuner. That is about all a
device driver should do. Applications that still try to set tuner
frequencies are simply broken. So you will have to bitch the
application developers. In this special case the v4l-api is not the
problem. May I ask what applications you tried?

-Peter

--
I will not waste chalk. --Bart Simpson at the blackboard
Email: Peter_Pregler@email.com