[cpia] Strange problem with CPiA drivers

Peter Pregler Peter_Pregler@email.com
Wed, 28 Jun 2000 09:39:54 +0200

On Tue, Jun 27, 2000 at 05:58:35PM -0700, madcat@ghostfield.com wrote:

> Linux video capture interface: v1.00
> parport0: PC-style at 0x378 (0x778), dma 3 [SPP,ECP,ECPPS2]
> parport0: detected irq 7; use procfs to enable interrupt-driven operation.
> parport0: PC-style at 0x378 (0x778), irq 7, dma 3 [SPP,ECP,ECPPS2]
> parport0: read2 timeout.
> parport_probe: succeeded
> parport0: Multimedia device, VLSI Vision Ltd PPC2 Camera
> V4L-Driver for Vision CPiA based cameras v0.5.0
> Parallel port driver for Vision CPiA based cameras v0.5.0
> cpia_pp.c:cpia_pp_register(1307):failed to cpia_register_camera
>   0 camera(s) found
>
> My entire setup hasn't changed one bit from what I used with RH 6,
> and I really would like to get my webcam working again :)

It is a matter of kernel. Apparently the suse-one is different from
RH6. The v0.5.0 points to some standard kernel, maybe 2.2.15 which had
some problems. If that is the case either upgrade to 2.2.16, or use
the tarball at webcam.sourceforge.net. If that does not work drop me a
mail.

Greetings, Peter

--
I will not waste chalk. --Bart Simpson at the blackboard
Email: Peter_Pregler@email.com