[cpia] /dev/video

Thunder thunder@ultravision.net
Tue, 29 Feb 2000 19:34:07 -0600

hi all

I have a Ezonics webcam and running 2.3.47 kernel with cpia-0.7.1.
The problem I am incurring is that application xawtv or gqcam
errors when ran with:

open /dev/video
no video grabber device available

This doesnt happen all the time.. it's spaztic.. stops and starts
on it's own.. I have not been able to control when it stops or
when it decides to work again...

I have not been able to pinpoint what is causing it, I have a site
that streamer (a xawtv app.) pointed at my local webpage as
a test and is supposed to take a clip every 30 seconds. But even
if this function is disabled I have the same error.. My logs dont show
anything out of the ordinary. Any clues or possible troubleshooting
technics in this matter sure would be appreciated.

Bill Espinosa