[cpia] client probs

Bastian sTYLe@WtAl.De
Fri, 03 Mar 2000 01:23:15 +0100

At 17:53 2.3.2000 -0500, sbertin@mindspring.com wrote:
>On  2 Mar, Bastian wrote:
> >> segmentation

> >> 0000000c
> >>
> >>What do you see just before this?
> >
> > THIS is the first line in dmesg (after the lines telling that loading
> > modules is ok)
>
>Sorry, I was expecting more.  I did find a case where a NULL pointer
>dereference would occur if the driver was unable to create the
>/proc entry for the camera.  The attached patch will fix that.

well, still got :

parport0: PC-style at 0x378 (0x778) [SPP,ECP,ECPPS2]
Linux video capture interface: v1.00
V4L-Driver for Vision CPiA based cameras v0.7.1
parport0: read2 timeout.
parport0: Multimedia device, VLSI Vision Ltd DUAL Camera
Parallel port driver for Vision CPiA based cameras v0.7.1
   using PIO mode
cpia.c(1311818):goto_low_power(2317):10 10 10 10 10 10 10 10
   1 camera(s) found
Unable to handle kernel NULL pointer dereference at virtual address 0000000c

is it correct that there is  0.7.1 although i dl'ed 0.7.2 ???
and someone told me about bugs in the cpia chip's firmware 1-00 ???
fixed is 1-20 ?? i got 1-00.... anyway.
at the last possibility i have to switch to windoze. tooooo bad.

>Scott J. Bertin
>sbertin@mindspring.com

regards,
    Bastian