[cpia] webcamII + USB + vic

Peter Pregler Peter.Pregler@risc.uni-linz.ac.at
Mon, 06 Mar 2000 15:07:11 +0100 (CET)

On 06-Mar-2000 Nicolas FAIVRET wrote:
> Hello
>
> I have been trying to get vic-2.8ucl-1.1.3 to work with my USB webcamII.
>
> Vic detects my webcam but the capture doesn't work. I see a green
> screen.
> The output is:
>       ioctl VIDIOMCAPTURE: Paramètre invalide
>       ioctl VIDIOCSYNC: Paramètre invalide

Hmmm, which driver for the camera do you use? I get the following:

[lugburz:ppregler!221] vic localhost/8000
V4l: trying /dev/video0... ok, CPiA Camera
V4l:   color; size: 48x48 => 352x288
V4l:   ports: Camera
V4l:   depth=24, palette=rgb24
V4l:  ==> format { 411 422 cif } size { small cif } port { Camera }
V4l: trying /dev/video1... open: No such device
V4l: trying /dev/video2... open: No such device
V4l: trying /dev/video3... open: No such device
v4l: mmap()'ed buffer size = 0xc6000

So at least with the latest 0.7.3 it is still working. This should not be
a parport/usb issue since all that stuff about yuyv etc. is in the generic
cpia-layer. My version of vic is the standard debian-potato package
version: 2.8ucl4-2.

Greetings, Peter

Email: Peter.Pregler@risc.uni-linz.ac.at
WWW:   http://www.risc.uni-linz.ac.at/people/ppregler