[cpia] webcamII + USB + vic : kernel BUG at cpia.c:245!

Peter Pregler Peter.Pregler@risc.uni-linz.ac.at
Tue, 07 Mar 2000 21:01:58 +0100 (CET)

On 07-Mar-2000 Nicolas FAIVRET wrote:

[oops deleted]

> Is there anyone who solve this problem ?

I cannot reproduce the problem with 2.3.49 and my parport anymore. It just does
not ooops, so I think it was in my case also some configuration-mismatch
between kernel- and module-compilation. However, I noted one thing during
compilation. In cpia_usb.c there is an absolute reference to an include file
burried in the kernel-source, namely to  /usr/src/linux/drivers/usb/usb.h. If
this is not the include your running-kernel was built from this might be a
cause for your ooops.

-Peter

Even the thought that a ship was waiting to take him back to Earth
did not wipe out the sense of loss he felt at that moment.
Email: Peter.Pregler@risc.uni-linz.ac.at
Peter Pregler / RISC, University of Linz, Austria